Sunday, January 24, 2010

Espressofabriek Amsterdam



It took me a couple of years, but finally I visited this espresso bar at the Westergasfabriek.

Nice location and interior, but what about the equipment and coffee?


2 Mahlkonig K30's, one mini Mazzer and a KVDW Mirage lever machine. Say no more.

The coffee's from The Golden Coffee Box.

I know since a couple of years they have great singles, but till today I never had one great shot. And here ; I had 2 in a row.




The Panama Berlina was a true sensation on my buds. Perfect size and strenght and temp. Great body, beautiful texture, nice smell and plenty of tastes. With an extra touch of acidity this one would have been close to 'perfect'.

The Ethiopia Gayo Amaro was another stellar espresso. Same feeling as the above one, but a tad more tasty with an incredible chocolate flavor and thrilling aftertaste.

It was a close battle between two fantastic origins. If I had to pick a winner it would be the Ethiopian after all, but better is to go there yourself and taste them. I hope they'll make you as happy as they made me.
Congrats to the Barista.

No comments: